We strongly believe in both minimizing the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which we have been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase or interact with, or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes:
Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing our Services. We collect various information relating to your purchase, use and/or interactions with our Services. We utilize this information to:
- Improve and optimize the operation and performance of our Services (again, including our websites and mobile applications)
- Diagnose problems with and identify any security and compliance risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- Collecting aggregate statistics about use of the Services
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you.
Much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our Services, and is not linked to any personal information.
Sharing with trusted third parties. We may share your personal information with affiliated companies within our corporate family, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Processing credit card payments
- Serving advertisements
- Conducting contests or surveys
- Performing analysis of our Services and customers demographics
- Communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery
- Customer relationship management
- Security, risk management and compliance
- Recruiting support and related services.
These third parties (and any subcontractors they may be permitted to use) have agreed not to share, use or retain your personal information for any purpose other than as necessary for the provision of Services.
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (whether a result of liquidation, bankruptcy or otherwise), in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, your information may be among the transferred assets.
Communicating with you. We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You don’t need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- Text (SMS) messages
- Telephone calls
- Messenger applications (e.g. WhatsApp, etc.)
- Automated phone calls or text messages.
You may also update your subscription preferences with respect to receiving communications from us and/or our partners by signing into your account and visiting “Account Settings” page.
If you make use of a service that allows you to import contacts (ex. using email marketing services to send emails on your behalf), we will only use the contacts and any other personal information for the requested service. If you believe that anyone has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
Transfer of personal information abroad. If you utilize our Services from a country other than the country where our servers are located, your personal information may be transferred across international borders, which will only be done when necessary for the performance of our contract with you, when we have your consent to do so, or when the appropriate standard contractual clauses are in place. Also, when you call us or initiate a chat, we may provide you with support from one of our global locations outside your country of origin.
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process. We will also share your information to the extent necessary to comply with any ICANN, registry or ccTLD rules, regulations and policies when you register a domain name with us. For reasons critical to maintaining the security, stability and resiliency of the Internet, this includes the transfer of domain name registration information to the underlying domain registry operator and escrow provider, and publication of that information as required by ICANN in the public WHOIS database or with other third parties that demonstrate a legitimate legal interest to such information.